Hello everyone, I am experiencing difficulty with the new feature, extracting images from video taken by phone camera. I used an iPhone X with video mode (4k max fps) to capture a monument. When the bundle adjustment is completed, the model comes vertical (y-axis and z-axis switched direction) Is anyone experiencing this problem? Is it specific to iPhone, or should I do anything from phone settings?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 02:18:01 PM by efe.oener »
Re: Vertical model after bundle adjustment from extracted images from video
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 04:41:25 PM »
Hi Efe,

Simply right click on Mesh or Pointcloud and select transform from Context menu
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 04:43:41 PM »
Then right click on the edges of the cube and drag, to rotate your model, so that it faces right side up
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 03:04:30 PM »
Thank you, I figured it out through your method. I was just wondering, is this happening according to taken video orientation? Should I use portrait or landscape orientation while recording the video with my phone?
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 12:00:30 PM »
Hi Efe,

If we have no prior orientation, the model is orientated, so that it is model up is facing same way as first camera position is facing. So if you first pointed your camera up, then your model might be come out somewhat correctly orientated, but I know this is not practical. We might change this in future, but for now, using transform is your best option.