Orthophoto Exports
« on: June 21, 2023, 03:04:33 PM »
I am creating cross sections for a development combining CAD imports and drone photogrammetry mesh using the orthorphoto function within 3dSurvey. When exporting the orthophoto as .jpg or .PDF is there a way to get height data eg ridge heights of buildings and heights of trees. If so how? If not, will the function to do so become available?

Re: Orthophoto Exports
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 03:06:00 PM »
Hi Sam, Simply go to CAD tab, and place points on the ridges and trees, like so:
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 03:08:30 PM »
here is a screenshot
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 03:09:02 PM »
then these elevations will show up in ortho export
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 07:30:01 PM »
Eric Evans at Surveyors Source has a good You Tube video ("Field to Finish With 3DSurvey") on how to pull off precise elevations from a point cloud in the 3DSurvey CAD tab. I've found the video really helpful.  In the video, Eric pulled off the edge of a concrete stairway and created a 3D polyline line with it.  He used the CAD feature that 3DSurvey added earlier this year.

I recently used that feature to pull off precise points for features partially hidden under vegetation by looking at the hillside at an angle to see the ground surface under the trees and snap to the point on the object I was after.  It's a useful tool.