How to take control in an emergency during a mission?
« on: March 03, 2023, 03:44:43 PM »
Hello,
can anybody tell me, if and how I can take control of my drone in an emergency case during a mission?

I made a test-flight-Mission with my P4P and was wondering what to do in case of emergency e.g. an helicopter or bird is crossing. My P4P didn't react on lowering the height or changing the flight direction.
The only possible thing I could do is abort the mission and RTH. But this takes way too long if I have to react immediately!!!

Thanks in advance.

to-flo
Re: How to take control in an emergency during a mission?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 10:14:15 AM »
Hi,

the fastest way to take control over the drone is to cancel the mission by moving switch from P mode to S and back to P mode. Then you can use your RC sticks to control the drone.
Unfortunately with this procedure you lose the possibility to continue the mission from the last point.

Best, Marko
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 09:14:07 AM »
Hello Marko,
thank you for your fast answer :).
I will try that procedure on my next flight. The cancellation of the mission doesn't matter if i can react immediately.

Greetings.
to-flo
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 04:57:43 PM »

Unfortunately with this procedure you lose the possibility to continue the mission from the last point.

Best, Marko

I made some testflights and I do have the possibility to resume the mission after interrupting. The only thing is to stay in the actual mission and not to leave it. I changed from S to P and after the "start mission" button i was asked to resume or rth.

Perfect!!!