Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Contour Lines
« Last post by steve.belz on April 13, 2023, 07:42:45 PM »
Contours were created using the regular grid mesh which is what I always use with same results.  However, I've found a work-around in AutoCAD using the "Overkill" command to remove those extra overlapping end segments of the contour lines.
General Discussion / Re: Mavic Air 2S - 3D Survey Pilot future supporting
« Last post by ivan.zan.barbaric on April 12, 2023, 09:42:28 AM »
The app only supports DJI Mavic air 2S in the new "Free Flight" mission, which takes the images automatically while you drive the drone manually. Images are taken according to the trigger distance you set at the beginning, creating enough overlap to achieve more than sufficient precision. Morever, if you want the full functionality of the app, you should consider one of the following drones:
DJI
-Phantom 4 Pro V2
- Phantom 4 Pro
- Phantom 4
- Phantom 3 Professional
- Phantom 3 Advanced
- Mavic Air
- Mavic Pro
- Mavic 2 Pro
- Inspire 1 (Pro)
- Inspire 2
- Spark
General Discussion / Re: Contour Lines
« Last post by ivan.zan.barbaric on April 12, 2023, 09:36:19 AM »
I am assuming, you created  Contour lines from the Full 3d mesh. Try creating them from Regular grid mesh (DSM), and you should not have issues.
General Discussion / Contour Lines
« Last post by steve.belz on April 11, 2023, 08:53:02 PM »
3DSurvey does a great job creating contour lines but I've found that, when exported as dxf and imported into AutoCAD, contours that appear to be closed are sometimes not closed polygons and can contain overlapping line segments where the polylines would close.  Is there a way to prevent the creation of overlapping line segments?  I usually process the contours in AutoCAD to remove vertices and simplify the contour lines so that AutoCAD can handle them more easily.  Thanks.
General Discussion / Re: Mavic Air 2S - 3D Survey Pilot future supporting
« Last post by charlie.charping on April 06, 2023, 06:40:14 PM »
Hi checking in to see if the Mavic Air 2s support has been added? I am about to purchase a new replacement drone and I want to ensure what I purchase will be supported with 3D Survey Pilot App.
Mission planning / Re: How to take control in an emergency during a mission?
« Last post by to.flo on April 01, 2023, 04:57:43 PM »

Unfortunately with this procedure you lose the possibility to continue the mission from the last point.

Best, Marko

I made some testflights and I do have the possibility to resume the mission after interrupting. The only thing is to stay in the actual mission and not to leave it. I changed from S to P and after the "start mission" button i was asked to resume or rth.

Perfect!!!
CAD / Re: Draw arcs
« Last post by vid.peterman on March 23, 2023, 12:16:45 PM »
Hi Ivan, not yet, but Upgrade to our CAD engine is on the development plan.
Bundle Adjustment / Re: Reprojection error
« Last post by vid.peterman on March 22, 2023, 02:47:12 PM »
Hey Jay,

Which drone do you use and which geoid model? Which coordiante system?

If you upload your photos and gcp file here:
https://3dsurvey.wetransfer.com/

I will process the dataset and check what the issue is?
« Last post by jay.currie on March 21, 2023, 04:08:05 PM »
I understand that it's within tolerance, however, I'm getting elevation errors around 1 ft. consistently over the entire site. The odd thing is that I used the Carlson Photocapture software with the exact same data set and had a lower reprojection error and had zero elevation errors over .24. Something has happened to either my version of 3d, or the software hasn't kept up with the updates that DJI has provided to the Mavic line of drones.
« Last post by markom.mesaric on March 20, 2023, 02:31:06 PM »
Hi Jay,

With Mavic 3E we get reprojection error in exactly same range. This is expected and reprojection error of less the 1 pixel is good, because the tiepoints are detected with an accuracy of about 1 pixel. I would worry if reprojection error would be higher then 1.5 pixel or if it was maybe 2 pixels for your drone.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10